Bourse d’étude : IARTS Textiles of India Grant (date limite : 1er mars 2017)
The IARTS Textiles of India Grant is a biennial award that will provide scholars, curators, educators, community leaders, artists and citizen enthusiasts with an opportunity to further the preservation, documentation, understanding, encouragement, interpretation or revival of Indian textile arts. This grant can be used anywhere in the world by anyone in the world toward a project that enhances knowledge about Indian textiles. It is also meant to foster cultural understanding, institutional collaboration and public engagement.
To these ends, the award has two components:
- A project on Indian textiles, which could include research in any institution or collection, fieldwork, apprenticeship, revival activities, creative work or interpretation.
- A public program related to the grant activity and presented at the end of the award period, which could include a public lecture, a publication, an online exhibition or resource, or a performance.
The award can made to a person or a group of people. It is open to residents of any country, 18 years and older.
Level of award
The amount of CAD $15,000 would be made available to the grant recipient for the proposed project. Please note that an account of how grant funds were spent, with original receipts whenever possible, is required at the end of the grant period.
Award selection criteria
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Applicant’s demonstrated history of and passion for Indian textiles
- Originality and innovativeness of the project, especially toward new perspectives, sources or methodologies in the field of Indian textiles
- Rigour of the project
- Care and clarity of objectives and design of the project
- The viability of the project within the time frame and budget, and how prepared the applicant is to carry out the project
- The contribution of the project to the applicant’s personal or professional development
- The impact of the project on wider audiences and communities
- Letters of support
The completed application must include the following:
- Completed application form.
- 2 page resume for the lead applicant.
- Supporting letter(s) from institutions, organizations or individuals with whom you plan to carry out the project.
- 2 reference letters in support of the project and applicant(s), mailed separately and directly to the ROM.
Send completed application materials by March 1, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
c/o Governor’s Office
Royal Ontario Museum
100 Queens Park
Toronto ON M5S 2C6
Call for proposal opens – 1 October 2016
Deadline for applications – 1 March 2017
Notifications of selection – 1 April 2017
Award start date – 1 July 2017
Next call for proposals – 1 October 2018