Candidature : Prix de thèse Université PSL de Paris (limite : 20 janv. 2020)
Université Paris-Sciences-et-Lettres (PSL) coordonne un appel à projet pour un prix de thèse international. Ce prix récompense des thèses en sciences humaines et sociales rédigées en français, en anglais, en italien, en allemand ou en espagnol.
Date limite : 20 janvier 2020.
Thèses éligibles soutenues entre décembre 2018 et décembre 2019 dans un établissement d’enseignement supérieur français ou étrangers. Les frais de déplacements à Paris pour la cérémonie de remise des prix sont couverts.
Eligible theses must have been defended between December 2018 and December 2019 in a French or foreign higher education institution. They can be written in one of the following languages: French, English, German, Spanish, Italian.
This file must be accompanied by the following documents, in PDF format:
- The application form (download)
- the two thesis pre-reports and the defense report;
- two detailed reference letters (one from the research director). In case of co-direction, only a letter from one director is required;
- the CV in French or English (2 pages max);
- the thesis.
Appel à candidature : 2020_01_20 — Prix these PSL
Supported by PSL’s major research programs, the PSL prizes in Humanities and Social sciences are intended to reward the best doctoral work in five fields:
- Art, Aesthetics, Literature (Art history, practice of the Arts & Art research, history and theory in Literature)
- Law, economics, management (including Economic sociology and interfaces between Economics and social Sciences)
- Humanities (History, Philosophy)
- Science / Humanities Interfaces (including Archaeology)
- Social Sciences (Sociology, Anthropology, Ethnology and Geography)
Eligible dissertations must have been defended between December 2018 and December 2019 in a French or foreign higher education institution. They can be written in one of the following languages: French, English, German, Spanish, Italian. A jury dedicated to each prize will be composed of five leading figures from the field. The prize will be awarded by the chairman of the jury during a ceremony to be held in June 2020.
Each dissertation awarded the prize will be granted €5,000, split as follows:
- A sum of €2,000;
- €3,000 for a research stay in Paris for foreigners, at PSL’s international partners for French;
The winners will give three seminars in three partner institutions of PSL.
- The deadline for submission shall be January 20, 2020 at the latest;
- the results will be published on PSL website at the beginning of May 2020;
- The awards ceremony will be held in June 2020; the winners are required to come. For the winners outside Ile-de-France, PSL will cover the transportation and accommodation costs.
Dissertations should be sent preferably by email; however, should the file exceed the maximum possible weight, applicants may use the online application package. Please remember to name the file with your name, the title of the dissertation and make sure to send us an email.
Applicants may only choose one topic among the five available. PSL may change the chosen category should the juries deem it necessary.
Any package either missing information or submitted after January 20, 2020, will not be accepted.
Information sur Université PSL de Paris : https://www.psl.eu/universite/nos-etablissements#universite
Les neuf établissements-composantes de PSL sont : le Conservatoire National Supérieur d’Art dramatique, l’École nationale des chartes, l’École nationale supérieure de Chimie de Paris, l’École nationale supérieure des Mines de Paris, l’École normale supérieure, l’École Pratique des Hautes Études, l’ESPCI Paris, l’Observatoire de Paris, l’Université Paris-Dauphine.
PSL travaille en étroite collaboration avec trois organismes de recherche : le CNRS, l’Inserm et l’Inria.